Connect with us

Fire At Home Of Dolphins’ Tyreek Hill Ruled Accidental, Caused By Child Playing With Lighter

Published

on

NBC Miami
A Florida fire marshal on Thursday said the blaze at Miami Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill’s mansion on Wednesday was accidental, caused by a child playing with a lighter.
Hill left Wednesday’s practice to find his seven-bedroom, 8.5-bathroom home in Berkshire Court, a gated community in Southwest Ranches, in flames.
Davie Fire Rescue was called to the home at around 1:55 p.m. Wednesday, along with Southwest Ranches Fire-Rescue Department and Broward Sheriffs Office Fire Rescue. It took around two hours to extinguish the fire.
Davies Fire Rescue said Wednesday that no injuries were reported. Hill’s family members were home at the time, and evacuated safely, per reports.
On Thursday, Davie Fire Rescue Fire Marshal Robert Taylor said the fire had been ruled accidental, as a result of a child playing with a lighter in a bedroom.
Although the fire did not spread through the whole house, there was extensive smoke and water damage, per reports.
Hill purchased the property for $6.9 million in 2022.
On Sunday, the Dolphins will host the Buffalo Bills at Hard Rock Stadium as both teams vie for the AFC East championship. The Bills, which are coming off a four-game winning streak, delivered the Dolphins their first loss of the season 48–20 in October.
TMX contributed to this article.